Monday, September 19, 2011

The boys get baptized!

Saturday was their baptism. I found the cutest plaid overalls for them to wear! They came with a matching green shirt, but I opted for white onesies to tone it down a bit. Add white socks and shoes, along with their white caps, and they were ready to go!

We got there early to save seats and greet family and friends who came. When it was time, we made our way to the front. I had Jack and David was holding Justin. The pastor who baptized the boys has a son who was in The Colony band with me, so that was really neat!

Throughout the baptism, I'm pretty sure I was grinning the whole time! I'd been looking forward to having my kids baptized for so long and now it was time! I loved looking out into the congregation and seeing so many of our friends and family there to support us.

After the service was over, we took some pictures, then adjourned to the foyer of the education building for some punch and cookies. It was so great to see people that I hadn't seen in awhile! After spending some time chatting with various people, it was time to clean up and head to dinner.

I had made a reservation for the family to go out to dinner at Brooklyn's, a New York style pizza place. The staff there was great! They had already set a group of tables aside with my name on it. They got our food to us pretty quickly and definitely took care of us! Overall, it was a really great night!

No comments: