Wow, it's so hard to believe that the boys are a year old. Several people said this year would fly by and it certainly has! I remember on the morning of their birth, being excited and a bit nervous, having never been through a c-section before. I remember thinking that it was very important that I take a shower to wash my hair and shave my legs. I certainly didn't want to be on the operating table with greasy hair!
I then had David help me paint my toenails, I didn't want yucky chipped toenail polish on the operating table, either. The funny thing is that I wound up wearing socks, so it didn't matter. The whole birthing experience was very surreal. I remember it like it was yesterday, especially the first time I heard the boys cry.
After a year of having the boys, I can say with certainty that life is so different than before. I never knew how much I would enjoy solo trips to Wal-Mart. I also never knew how much I would enjoy watching them interact with each other, smile and bounce up and down when I walk into the room!
Since the boys are a year old, we took them for their well-child doctor visit. Jack is just shy of 22 pounds and Justin is just under 21. A far cry from 5 lbs, 2 oz., and 3 lbs, 13 oz! Everything else was right on track as well! What an interesting year this has been!
No comments:
Post a Comment