Friday was one of those days. Well, let me rephrase that. Friday afternoon was frustrating. The morning was great, I got a lot of things on my to-do list crossed off. Then I got a phone call from the boys' school. Someone in their class had been diagnosed with hand foot and mouth disease (which I knew), and now both our boys were showing the symptoms. Since it was almost the end of the day for me, I decided to go get the boys myself.
Unfortunately, I got stuck in the after school pick-up crowd, so I was unable to get out of the school parking lot for about twenty-five minutes. Luckily, my mom was able to go get them. While I was still stuck in traffic, I managed to get ahold of the pediatrician's office and get their last appointment of the day.
I finally get out of the parking lot, then was turning onto the access road of I -35 to go to my parents' house, where we would wait until their appointment time. Then I saw that traffic was backed up on 35. I just couldn't catch a break! Once we were at the doctor, they confirmed that it was hand foot and mouth. I got home with the boys, then got their dinner ready. They didn't feel good and were very cranky. Both of them managed to knock their plates off their highchairs, food side down, of course! Luckily Roxie was happy to clean the floor under them!
I'm happy to report that two days later, they seem to be feeling much better. Their blisters are more prevalent, but they're past the contagious part and they're acting much happier! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment