This past weekend was a big weekend for our church, Grace Avenue United Methodist Church. It was the opening of our new building, which includes a formal sanctuary! As part of the Saturday night praise band, we got to be the first ones to play in the new sanctuary! The service was very well attended, and Billy's sermon was talking about a new beginning! In the days leading up to Saturday, I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas, I was so excited!
David and I had been attending Grace Avenue since July of 2004. In fact, David's first visit there was on the first Sunday of the church building being open. (Prior to that, they had worshiped in one of the local school cafeterias.) The education building opened in 2007, and what an exciting day that was, too! It's amazing how much our church family has grown in the eight years that we've been attending. Before the service on Saturday, I walked around and took pictures of pretty much everything. We'll have all services in the new sanctuary for the next two weeks, while the old sanctuary is being renovated. Then, we'll have the contemporary services (including Saturday night) in the renovated sanctuary, with the traditional services in the new one.
The other band members and I rehearsed our music before the service began, and I kept feeling so excited about this day. As we circled up to pray, I know that we were all feeling the excitement! The whole worship experience on Saturday night was just simply amazing and I'm so glad to be a part of it!

No comments:
Post a Comment