Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Big Changes

This week started a new phase in our lives. The boys were supposed to start at their school on Monday. We had everything all ready for them, then Jack woke up with a fever and congestion. We called in sick to the daycare and got an appointment with the pediatrician. Diagnosis was croup, and we were given a prescription, as well as a note to take to daycare. So Tuesday wound up being their first day.

I was excited about them going and I absolutely LOVE their school. They'd been in the church nursery frequently and stayed with a few family members, so they were used to being dropped off. Nonetheless, they did cry some when I dropped them off. Now I did cry when I was still at home, but did okay once we were in the car on our way.

After taking them to their room, I was taking care of a few odds and ends at the front desk. Their teacher called up to the front to report on how well they were doing. I thought that was great! I had a meeting with my supervisor up in Denton. It was good to get caught up and plus, show people the boys' photo book!

Once I got home, I was able to log on to the site and see the boys on camera. They were very excited when I came to get them yesterday afternoon! They were definitely worn out from the day, though! Today's drop-off was very smooth, the boys didn't fuss at all! I stayed close to home, had fun checking in on the boys from time to time. Tomorrow is the big day, however. It'll be my first day back to work since April 2011. Overall, I'm very excited about the year. It's definitely going to be a change!

No comments: