Thursday, November 29, 2012

Black Friday Shopping!

While I'm not one of those people who shops in the wee hours of the morning on Black Friday, I do like scoring a good deal. I had noticed that shoes were buy one get one half off, and I found shoes online that would be perfect for the boys' Christmas outfits. (Plus the website said the store had two pairs.) So away the boys and I went. Unfortunately, the store in Frisco only had one pair, which I didn't find out until we were there. They called the Plano store and they had another pair and promised to honor the discount if I had my receipt. We went a couple doors down and tried Old Navy, but the line to check out was ridiculous, so we turned around and left.

Once we were at the Plano store, they had the shoes waiting for me at the front. We went a couple doors down afterward to the Old Navy in that shopping center. The line to check out wasn't bad, and I found a couple of cute skirts for less than five dollars apiece! There was a Trader Joe's a few more doors down, but it was getting close to the boys' lunchtime, so we headed home instead.

After their nap and snack, we headed to Mardel. I noticed that some Veggie Tales DVDs were on sale for really cheap and we got a double feature! I also picked up a Christmas cd and devotional. It was definitively a successful shopping day! On Saturday, I went to a craft bazaar and picked up some great Christmas gifts. Hooray for good deals!



No comments: