Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Yesterday was Thanksgiving! We spent the morning watching the Macy's parade. The boys really enjoyed the balloons! They also liked seeing Santa at the end. Like we have years past (when we're in town, that is), we celebrated with my dad's side of the family. David and I prepared some pumpkin dip the day before, we got the boys dressed in their turkey shirts and got on our way. We arrived shortly before Mass started at noon, and we wound up taking the boys to the garage to eat and then outside to play. There were a couple of other small children out there, too. They loved the food! Well, Jack loved everything, Justin was more picky, but had a bunch of corn.

Overall, the boys did very well. Mom bought them little animal flashlights that made noise, they loved those! Aside from refusing to nap (I'm not sure I could nap with 80 people running around, either), they were happy and enjoyed playing outside as well as being seen by everyone! They even got to try some yummy desserts! At one point, I sat down with some pie and all of the sudden, I had two little boys in front of me, making eyes at my pie. I knew that they had some cheesecake with my cousins, but I gave them a couple of bites of mine, too.

After our evening meal, we got the boys in their pajamas, packed up our stuff and headed home. It had been a long day, but it was great! We got home, got the boys in bed, and they were asleep within two minutes! Here's a few pictures of the boys in their turkey shirts!













No comments: