Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two Months Old!

 
Posted by Picasa

It's hard to believe that the boys are two months old! They had their well-child appointments yesterday. Jack is now eleven pounds, four ounces and twenty-two inches long. Justin is eight pounds, fifteen ounces, and twenty inches long. Their pediatrician was very pleased at their growth. They also had to get some shots yesterday. They did not like that at all, but I'll say this for the nurse, she was fast! One would think that she'd done it before. Now they're good until their four month appointments, and then we'll talk about adding cereal! You think that means Grape Nuts?

So how are we doing? Great! My days are a whirlwind of feeding, pumping, bottle washing and preparing. Plus playing with them and throwing some housework in the mix. I think we have a pretty good routine going, it works well for us! Now that they've gone to the four hour schedule, it makes our lives a little bit easier! Sometimes we'll add in field trips for a change of scenery, such as the mall, Target or even just to the Starbucks drive-thru! It definitely takes some planning to go somewhere, gone are the days of just spontaneously going!

The boys are just now starting to smile, although never when I have the camera. I know that they are both huge blessings to our family and I look forward to teaching them so many things: how to read, a love for music, how to do the Kevin Bacon dance from Footloose. They both respond really well to music. Sometimes during tummy time, I'll get them situated, then turn on some music, and it's amazing how quickly it calms them down! They also love being sung to, which is good, because I sing to them a lot! (And it's almost never lullabies!)

It's funny, I was looking at pictures of the boys when they first came home. They have changed so much since then! I've had to pack up their preemie clothes, it was hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, they fit into those clothes. Someone asked the other day if I remembered life before them. The answer is yes and no. So much has happened since June 9th, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: