Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Bunch of Balloons

Sunday was a marathon day. I was helping with a baby shower, then playing drums for the chili cook-off at church. I loaded the boys up and dropped them off for an afternoon of fun with Crazy Hant Linda & Uncle Shane. I was then assigned to pick up a bunch of helium-filled balloons for the shower.

I get to the floral department, and waited while she blew up the balloons, paid and started out to the Dezimobile. The wind was blowing pretty hard, that made holding on to the balloons interesting. I opened up the hatchback and attempted to get the balloons in. It probably would have helped if I had taken the double stroller out, but oh well. Hindsight is 20/20.

Every time I'd think I had all the balloons in, one would sneak out the side, then one would sneak out the other side. Luckily, the balloons were all tied together and put in a clip, so at least I didn't have to worry about them floating off. Finally, someone took pity on me and offered to help. I opened one of the doors and pulled the balloons toward me while she pushed them in the back. Together, we were able to get all the balloons in my car. I thanked her and drove off. I realized as I pulled away that my sunglasses were in the back with the balloons, but I was NOT going back there to look for them.

I made it to my parents' house and unloaded the car. The shower and the chili cook-off went off without a hitch, and I had a great rest of the day. I'm in absolutely no hurry to bring helium-filled balloons to anything in the future, though!

No comments: